Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Christners Information

I need directions to Christner's and a phone number. What are the fee's and can anyone tell me kind of what the dig site is like? Also, know of any pay dig sites or anywhere to hunt for artifacts close to Houston?
Thanks!!!

SCOTT

Re: Christners Information

nothing in Houston my friend! I live in houston and own 2 tracks of land---believe me, there's not even a single scraper here! talk to the texasaaa about digging

www.texasaaa.com

Chrisner's is a worn out sock with a hole in it. Reckon that's why I am banned from there, cause tired of seeing folks lose their hard earned money there. Houston has one of the best kept hunting spots in the nation, though. Cypress creek!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mega amounts of paleo. Found 2 Scottys there in august of '06. Waiting for the water to go down now..................cause I want more!

Tell me more, Mike! I'd like to check or this place you are referring to!
Pat

SAME OLE NASTY CREEK

PAT............CYPRESS CREEK IN SPRING. WE HAVE DISCUSSED IT BEFORE. CALL ME SOMETIME. 817 2367458. MIKE

I'm up for a trip to Houston :)

I live here! Harris county Houston

Be sure to give a a hollar when you go---Pat, Jason.....Chase

Absolutely Chase! Just need to find that Cypress Creek now :)

Jason

You fellas are going to need insulated waders and a good floating screen to dig that creek. And dont get in the water with any open sores!

errrr.... maybe Cypress creek is not such a good idea... you guys got your tetnus shots!

I'll stay on the banks....

PICKENS ARE SLIM IF YOU DONT DIG IN THE WATER

FEW FINDS FOUND ON THE BANKS

I'll use a net to scoop the gravel from the bank then

NOT HARDCORE?

CYPRESS CREEK PUTS OUT BIGTIME, FOR THOSE WHO ARE DILIGENT AND WORK FOR IT! 2006 PRODUCED 4 WHOLE SCOTTYS AND A CLOVIS FOR THOSE THREE WHO INVESTED THE EFFORT. COUNTLESS SAN PATRICE AND EARLY STEMMED PIECES WERE ALSO RECOVERED. THIS PLACE QUITE POSSIBLY PRODUCES MORE PALEO THAN ANY OTHER SPOT IN TEXAS........BUT YOU HAVE TO GET WET.

I don't mind gettin wet!

Don't mind if I bring a few knives along do ya---those snakes aren't too nice in the water

I went today and found nothing... I am bummed for sure.