Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
found my second piece

Found my second piece this week here in Hays county. It is a long spear like point about 2 1/2 inches ong and 3/4 inches wide with the tip broken off though. It was near the point I found in September in a dry creek bed near my house. It is made out of the same dull white material as the other but the working on it is very nice and clear with perfect lines across the entire piece. Broken or not it was exciting to find it lying there since I just started doing this a couple of months ago. I did find a lot of small flint chips in another area that I search but no points. Are these good areas to hunt around when you find chips? I found about 30 small pieces that all looked as though they were worked. Still looking for an unbroken piece. David

Re: found my second piece

Hey Dave!

Congrats on the find. You have a picture of it? Broken or not, they're still a thrill to find in my book. Then again, I'm still pretty new to this and am still looking for places to hunt...

Take care,
Jason

Re: found my second piece

Hi Hill Country Dave. I used to know an old Hill Country Dave up in Hays county.

That sounds like a nice piece eventhough the tip is broken. Chances are you probably have a camp somewhere near. See if you can notice any evidience of the flood level near that creek bed. A camp would probably be above the flood plain. If this is your property, then you might want to dig some test holes. Good luck!