Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Trade a hunt opportunity

Hi all,

I have been viewing this forum for the last couple of months along with many other websites with an interest in getting into the "art" of finding arrowheads. My girlfriend and I have been out looking several times in creek beds and river banks with no luck. Although there is no set in stone (no pun intended) way of finding these artifacts, I feel that I have been following the general advise pretty thoroughly. I have even found what looks like an old campsite in the dirt with many rocks yet no finds.

Now to the point. My girlfriend and I have a great site in central Austin to find fossil shark teeth. I would be more than happy to show you the location and how to get to them in exchange for an onsite demonstration of what to look for when arrowhead hunting. Maybe a little onsight explanation will help us both out in our search. Let me know if any one is interested. I'm currently going to UT so good times for me are usually on the weekends. Thanks,

Rickey and Angela

Re: Trade a hunt opportunity

Hey Rickey, join STAA. We do site survey's specifically to teach folks how to recognize and record archaeological sites. All members have the opportunity to participate in the many STAA activities, and in addition, you will recieve our bi-annual journal, La Tierra, a highly respected scientific journal.

Forgot out website:
www.staa.org

Helloo there Rickey and Angela!!!

I LOVE some shark teeth!! Did you get a chance to see some of my shark teeth finds on the main page?

Wonderul storys behind them all!! I hear that epopel find them in the dry creek area in south austin area I quess that would be called .. There is a area off N. Lamar? By that big park that they do fake fighting with all that old swords and all that mideven stuff...

I don't know the park.. But, hear there are some nice teeth there too!

Michelle

I will check out the STAA website, thanks. I did see the shark teeth on the homepage. The place that I go to isn't at either of the places that you mentioned but I think it might be close to the second one you mentioned Michelle.