Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
One of My Best and Worst Days

Found this great Plainview in Central Texas. It is by far the best and nicest point I've ever found. Unfortunately, my stupidity that day caused it to break at the tip. Had it sitting on a log out of the way and it fell off and directly hit a rock. The way it happened was so unbelievable, it's almost like bad fate. Not sure if I'll ever get over it. It's a clean break, so at least I can have it glued and it should still look fairly normal. I'm almost afraid to ask, but what do you guys think about the value whole, repaired? Don't plan on selling, but just curious. FYI... it is a little over 3 1/2".
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: One of My Best and Worst Days

Glue it or repair it. Value is slight at best, either way since major damage. But it will bother you less seeing it repaired. jmo

What is the length of it? From the looks of it it might have been close to a $1000 bucks or more if it wasn't for that side wear and the tip being broke off, just my opinion, i am no expert.

Are you sure it isn't a Kinney or Friday Blade? Kind of hard for me to tell from the picture...

im cryin already such a sweeeet point happy u found it sorry it broke hope you find an even better piece !!

Just reading about the break makes me feel a little upset to the stomach

If it were me, I'd glue the tip on and make sure it was nice and clean and then frame it.

If I were to find it broken, I wouldn't have it repaired... UNLESS I were to find both pieces. Then I'd most likely glue it back on.

Killer find. I hope the glue job goes well for you!

Jason