Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hunting spots around Fredericksburg?

Does anyone know of any digsites or hunting grounds around fredericksburg?

Re: Hunting spots around Fredericksburg?

Hey Chase, this is Scott from Houston. A place in Comfort (which is close to Fredricksburg) is "Randys Dig" (randysdig.com). Kind of pricy but well worth the money. Email me if you want more info. I can send you a link of all the points recovered and some history. Very private and allot of digging left to do! Also, soon we need to hook up with Mike Walker from Dallas and hit Cypress Creek! You too Glen!

"Dig prices range from $50 to $300 per square "

Dang!!!!

Thanks for the info, feel free to email me.

Been sick with a bad case of the flu lately--will be more active when I get over it

I purchased half of a 300.00 spot. That was enough **** digging for me in one day! He has allot of the 300.00 area left. The best is next to the creek.

emailed Randy and got the following back from him pertaining to the digs:

"Hi Jason,
thanks for the questions
a square is 15 square feet of surface area..
some depths are as shallow as 18 inches and some spots are 30" in depth
but regardless of depth the square is 15 Square feet surface area.

the price depends on production
less productive areas are cheaper naturally.

nothing is guarenteed.. when you visit the site i explain what
has been found in certain areas.. you choose your spot based on
that information and what you want to spend.
I give you two days to dig the square. If you leave it unfinished
you may loose the rest.
Most people can dig that much dirt in one day however..

hope that helps
Randy"

I just don't have 300 bucks to throw out myself...

Jason

$300 sounds very pricey

Chase i was wondering what happened to you, for i never heard from you Friday. Hope you get to feeling better.My work schedule is starting to pick back up, so my time is going to be limited, do you still have my number? Have any of you tried cypress creek, i see sand bars, not gravel bars over here in Cypress where i live? I'm waiting for the water levels to go down, and i'm going to put my boots on, before the snakes come out, and give it a try. Knowing my luck, i won't find a thing.
Glenn

Hey Glenn, sorry about that, I've just been under the weather for the last few days---feel like crap that got hit by a freight train Keep forgetting the simplest things. I still have your number, I'll try to give you a call tomorrow if I'm sounding better in the morning---we'll have to plan a trip soon

Chase

Forgot to add (yep, another simple thing forgotten -_-)

I went out to my place a couple of weeks ago--only found a few dozen piles of cow crap---looks like everything is below the surface, 4-9' down. The lake itself was dug 9' down---that's where the Paleos were found. Nothing later than Paleo I don't think--creek must of dried up before the Archaic era.

Talk to you soon,
Chase