Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Off topic - Metal Detecting anyone???

Hay there folks

Other than horse nails and a few horse shoes and farm tools.. Are there anyone out there that ever metal detects at any of your indian digs????

Not that they really had any metal.. But, who knows what metal trade items were around at what times...

Hal foudn a old Metal Razor.. (Not straight edge) Just a regular old 70's style that took the blade you had to put in it..

But, that was 4ft in a hole.. from the last digger! hehe, quess he wanted to look good for the indians? Maybe slept in the hole so noone would get in there and undercut !!!

Are there any detector folks out there too???

Re: Off topic - Metal Detecting anyone???

Yes I have a Garret GTI 2500. We use it all over the country. Have found gold in WA State. Some Civil War Stuff in La. Things on beaches here in Texas and in Florida. I like hunting old farms. A friend of mine in N.C. recently found 148 old silver dollars under a corner fence post on an old farm. I have somme pretty cool stuff that I have found over the years. I have a Pirates knife with Emeralds in the handle. Found it in Harris county.

Hay!!

I have a , Cough Cough Cough . GTA 1000??

I bought it in ohio like 20 years ago.. And only used it a hand full of times in texas because of all this stinkin ROCK!!

Would love to use it again sometime though!
HINT HINT!

Where should I go ??

I bought a Jetco Treasure hawk about 30 years ago and still use it today. I put a bounty hunter coil on it to replace the original. I dont go alot but I like getting itout every now and them to see what I can find