Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Axe head

My 5 yr. old daughter found a stone axe head yesterday!! It's in perfect condition! All I found were animal bones. *pooh*

We're still at my in-laws & will be back home on Wed. & I'll post pictures by the end of the week!!

Re: Axe head

Awesome Kelly. My daughter was 7 when she found her first (and only) Point.She never got the bug though but still would go with me. I let her take it to school for show and tell one day and she lost it. I jokingly still bring it up today 16 years later.
Congrats to your daughter.

We spent 4 hours yesterday just walking my in-laws property. Everything we found was on the surface (after a strong storm blew threw here). A neighbor found a scrapper yesterday & gave it to us. We also found lots of flakes & other things (that I'm not sure what to call).

I'll post pictures on Thurs. We're driving home tomorrow.

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/Kelly_13

Click on the above link to see the artifacts we found.
I'll add acouple more pics tomorrow..

Let me know what you think. And notice the pics that say, for example, "5" & "5a". On those I turned the piece over to take a pic on both sides.

Thanks,
~Kelly

I'd like some feedback pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze
on the pictures I posted.

Actually you can't click on the link...have to copy/paste. Sorry about that.

Thank you for any feedback!!!!!!!!!

~Kelly

Here are a few of Kelly's Pictures

I can try to teach you how to put them in here Kelly.. Its rather easy , and you already have a host for your pictures

Anyhoo.. Here are a few of kelly's for those who cannot copy and paste!

hello kelly,interesting finds,what area are thay from?

cool

Michelle - you're the best!! Thank you for posting the pictures!!!

I found the artifacts on my in-laws property. They live between Canyon Lake & New Braunfels.
From what I have learned the hill that they live on was used as an Indian campground. You can do a 360 & see all the land. So most of the items found are walking from the dry creek bed up to the top of the hill.

The bottom 2 look like splints. I personally refer to them as "quick blades" because the maker probably struck a core and this is what splintered off. Very effective for a quick knife for field dressing game and very sharp. I have a few of these I found in Kentucky years ago.Down there they wern't looked at as a collectible by the locals. This Yankee keeps everything and heh lets face it. It is a tool and had a purpose so it is an artifact.

If you click on any of those pictures it takes you to the photobucket site.

The bottom pic that is posted on here has acouple different angles on that site. It's very very smooth but the edge is sharp (just like a metal axe head).

I'm still trying to figure out how Indians made these items. It's just amazing.