Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Can yall take a look at this point for GLENN and ID it please!

Here is a point that Glenn would like some insite from you arrowhead people.

If anyone has a ID for this one.. or a idea of what it might be , please reply !

Re: Can yall take a look at this point for GLENN and ID it please!

Funny thing about some of these points found. They could be paleo. adena or any old point and reworked by another native who found it. It is a nice point. It looks reworked to me. Hard to tell without a closer exam if it is modern rework.
Mark

It is really worked down to death thats for sure.

Maybe by looking at the wide space of the base? What other point has sucha wide base notch??

Some paleo points do.. Like the Barber ..colvis..maybe even a dalton that is nibbled to a nub . But who knows

to much rework but i would say san patrice

Glenn,The object pictured is upside down. Its from a middle archaic game called "ROLF". It's called a "VEE". Pushed into the ground to hold awaco sinker stone steady. Then a team member would kick the stone into a tall acorn tree. The team knocking down the most acorns in 16 boles was the winner.

Good one SH

Sounds like you are too BORD! The rain might be keeping you from diggin in the dirt!

Michelle

It looks like a 'San Patrice' which is also similar to a 'Pelican'. Both are late Paleo. 'San Patrice' points are often reworked until there is not much left.

I don't think it's a san patrice because....

I have a couple of san patrice points and they're very thin, probably 1/8". This point in question is very thick,almost 1/2". It's very crude, and i don't believe it to be reworked in modern times at all. The patina is overall consistant. I don't expect this to be a treasured point, but it's sure an oddity.
Thanks to all,
RGS