Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Finding alot on the surface

I have been finding alot on the surface.points, scrapers, grindstones, drill parts,and tons of flint.Also petrified wood flakes and chips some obsidian flakes . This is all in a small concentrated area about 75 feet x150 feet . Would it be worth digging there? I also find alot of burned rocks.Since I find all this stuff above ground not sure if I would break evry thing with a shovel. Open for any advice. Thank you!!

Re: Finding alot on the surface

Sounds like a no brainer to me? Any pics to share?
glenn

Don't get your feelings hurt, if you don't get much in way of replies. My biggest complaint on this board, is the lack of participation. Michelles does a fantastic job, and puts in a lot of hard work on this page. Folks lambast me for complaining about them not posting, but a chat board is a two way street. I'm no expert, novice at best.
Good luck,
RGS

I have been there and done this. I have the same situation in the Kerville area. Campsite in the backyard next to a creek. HUGE fire pit. Found tons of everything from points to every imaginable tool just lying on the surface. I guarantee there is tons below the surface. When I dig, I just pick a small area at a time. Pick your area, dig down at least 3 feet (deeper if you can), then slowely pick the dirt away. At my place, I found 47 points (about half broken), 3 grinding stones, 1 matate, 2 knives, bones, tools, and I removed a BUT LOAD of fire rock. All this in a 10ft x 15ft area. I started at the pit.