Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
North of Austin anyone?

Does any one ever go north of Austin? Anyone ever get up to IH20 or 180.Near 281? Or is it like the prehistoric past nobody goes there. It cant be no mans land I see alot of cars and beer cans littering the roadside. then they end up in the creeks?

Re: North of Austin anyone?

Wow leonard, when you say north of Austin and give IH20 you might as well include Oklahoma and Kansas. Check GOOGLE then "camp bowie main". Thats a site "near" your target zone. If there's one there are plenty more, just look for DONUTS!

Hey SH
you smokin the same stuff as me? Now the north pole can also be included in that never thought of it .DUH

I live in Parker County west of Ft.Worth close to the area you are talking about.I'm looking for areas to hunt up here too.If I find some I will let you know and if you do I would appreciate it if you do the same.

Cool we'll hook up I own some land some cool things found on the surface. Alot of old creeks near by. and places to dig just cant figure out where to start the dig site. The stuff I have found varies in age. From very old late paleo to just before whitey showed up. Nothing historic . oops sorry found some lead balls and a shotgun shell made of brass.

Let me know.I have wiggle picks and shovels.

Had any luck?

Some luck in the creek since the rain stopped. Then I did fairly well in the bare spots. But the style of points had changed the last four I found are bird points 3/4 to 1 1/4 long. The tools are mostly crude scrapers and spokeshaves need more rain. Yesterday i had a large grass fire and cleared some fields reain will wash the ash away and some artifacts should be on top.

Are you close to Mineral Wells?What county are you looking in?I live in Parker county.I have been tring to find places up here to dig or surface hunt but no luck.Good luck to you!

yes mineral wells north of town do i have your email address???

If you don't its hecktex@sbcglobal.net
I live about 15-20 minutes from Mineral Wells.Let me know if you want to go hunting sometime.

leonard, did you find the spots that you were looking for in august? if not, try along the brazos, within a mile of i-20, north or south. with all the rain last month nice surface finds along there. the canoers aren't even looking.