Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
wiggle picks

not tryin to hurt any feelins, but those new wiggle picks look kinda wide, ain't been diggin to long myself, but i know from experience, longer and skinnier r better! also, i know everone has a right to make money, but those things didn't cost know more than 15 dollars to make, i'm a welder, i know that for a fact! if anyones interested i can build one for bout 25.00, all metal, and guarantee it will last!

Re: wiggle picks

I have one that Leon made for me years ago.. and its still working great for me.. It , although, has broke a few times... and I have had to get it re-welded too.. so its a little shorter than I would like it to be....

I like the idea of the metal handle though.. But I would also like it to come appart to fit in my backpack too!!!!

Michelle

PS: If you want to make some Douglas.. I can post yours too!
Everyone needs good tools!

No offense Doug but it cost me more than $15 to make and alot of time.The pick is also made of spring steel and good luck finding straight pieces of spring steel.If you can make them for $15 dollars you are better than me.I'm not making much at all!I built them for my use and thats what I had left.The widest part of the pick is 2&1/2 inches and thats the back part were you are just holding.Mine are to welded by a professional welder.I'm also new to digging and these are exactly like the ones I used and they work really well.They weigh just a little over 4 pounds.I'm not trying to make a living doing this.No feelins hurt.Good luck with your $25 dollar picks!

Hey William,
Ive got two picks just like yours and they are the best. They are definitely worth $75. Dont let anybody tell you different. Until you actually try those bad boys you just dont really know how great they are. Good luck and make lots of them.. even take them to the artifact shows and you will sell plenty..

Douglas, please let me know how to contact you. I am interested in having you make a pick for me.
Thanks,
Cody
codyd18@yahoo.com

I am fairly new at digging for points, etc. Although I have always had an interest in it. Can someone explain to me what a wiggle pick does? I might have an idea but I'm not sure.

Wasting your time, if not using a Kemp wiggle pic!

You guys are all wrong-
Any pick with a wooden handle is going to fail at some point.
You just cant beat a full metal pick.
NO WAY NO HOW !!!

Wow! People are here! heheh

I , for myself.. and VERY happy with my couple year old pick that Leon made for me.. I wish he still made them because
I love it
Its been welded 2 times and is a little short

But the ingraving of the little arrowheads and things that he put on the handle are still wonderful! (Must be the girl in me! hehe)

I would be HAPPY to try out any pick of any pick maker wood.. metal or heck plastic handle! Just send me one and I will tell you what I think! hehehhe

I will be using my little Leon pick tomorrow at Randy's Dig too!!!!!!!!

Michelle

I wish Leon still made them too.. I really like mine! I need another one.. Mine has abotu had it after like 3 years of use!

I see the picker for sale.. But for me, I would like something with a shorter handle, which I quess I could cut to size.. But I only want one with a pick end of about 12 inches and the handle about that too.. for the small areas I liek to dig.. I like the thinner blade on the pick end for proding about and for the lighter weight...

I quess I could get used to any pick though..
When I first got mine from Leon, I didn't like it.. Even with after a few years of using the SAME pick everytime I dig.. Hal still calls me a "PECKER" or I am diggin in the "PECKER PIT" because I still sometimes jab jab jab with it! heh

I like the wooden handles so I can take it apart too.. Gotta fit in my purse ya know!

Bahah! 8)
Michelle

Hey Douglas, I'd be interested in a wiggle pick as well.

It's hard to find wiggle picks at a reasonable, affordable price.

And nolan/montell ya little nut use your real name lol! (dew drop)

Chase

Thanks for the info guys and gal.

I have been using one of Doug's wiggle picks for sometime now and it has proven to be a useful tool and has not broke, i suggest getting one from him, i will probably get another one just for backup.

Chase, that was not me ya dumb ass...

Ok boy's !!!!!!!

Douglas,
I never received an email from you. I am still interested in a wiggle pick. Please email me at codyd18@yahoo.com.
Thanks,
Cody

Been out of circulation for a while
but was reading up on all the comments about wiggle picks.
AGAIN ON FINAL TIME ------
IF YOUR WIGGLE PICK HAS A WOODEN HANDLE
"IT WILL FAIL" !!!!

A "FULL METAL" WIGGLE PICK IS THE ONLY THING TO OWN..

Cody,I see that you asked Doug about his $25 wiggle pick almost 2 weeks ago and he still hasn't responded.I still have a few left but they are $75 plus shipping.Mine are all steel and the pick is made of spring steel.Cody you will get what you pay for.I'm asking what going rate is.Good luck!

Hey William,
I like those picks
they are the best
Take THEM to the shows and theyll sell like hot cakes !!
GOOD WORK!!!

A Pick is a pick.. Depends on how you take care of it!

I have had my WOODEN handle pick for 3 years...

and don't give me that , but your a girl, crapola either! heheh

PS: The show was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol my bad nolan! Your IP is different---but I still remember that trick you played on me before!