Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
???? what should i do

Hi i asked questions about a creek area i have been walking through its a dry area that floods from time to time most points i find are broken or incomplete but mostly paleo by what im told.

there is flint everywhere flakes galore and i have even found broken pieces of drills i dont know if these all washed in from a different area or if there was a encampment there but its on a pretty even plain no high bluffs just flat on both sides of the creek

Anyone have any idea of what i should do to figure out of this is a spoy to start digging deeper in ?

any info would be appreciated thank you

Re: ???? what should i do

Hey Lee,

Guess that would depend on the creek itself then. You have the existing creek bed where the water runs now.

However, the creek could have been extremely different thousands of years ago. Could have been much more broad and maybe not as deep.

If you're standing in the creek bed, can you look out to the left and right of the creek and see where it may have been more wide and higher? You may have to look waaaay out away from the existing creek bed.

Find anything that's higher and start looking for the busted flint and burned limestone (reddish in color). You're not going to find a camp in an area that was once a flood plain.

Jason

I completely agree with Jason's analisis. I offer this to the project. THINK POSITIVE! That quantity and type of material is coming from one small area not miles of banks. With the prospect of a great find, you should consider checking both banks on hands & knees. Depending on where your "dry" area is located, you may have to wait for cold weather to knock down the tremendous greenery growth this year's rains brought to TX. And lastly, the paleo types did not create the monster middens their decendants did but they did have SNAILS! Good luck....SH

Thanks guys i will fill you all in on what i find anymore pointers will be helpful