Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Looking in East Texas

MY BOYS AND I ARE VERY NEW TO THIS BUT IT HAS GOTTEN THEIR ATTENTION AND MINE AS WELL. WE LIVE ON THE SABINE RIVER IN SHELBY COUNTY AND WHOULD LIKE A FEW POINTERS ON WHERE WE SHOULD MAKE OR FIRST DIG. IF YOU CAN HELP LET ME KNOW

Re: Looking in East Texas

check your email.
glenn

Hello there Kim !!

Thanks for coming to my little message board! Have you and the family found any arrowehads yet??? If you do , be sure to post them for us to see!! Or email them to me and I can post them for you too!!

Welcome!!!

Michelle

Hey Kim,

Ah the Sabine! That's my neck of the woods... err, that's where I'm from originally that is. Been out on the Sabine many a time and come back with some monstrous chunks of petrified wood.

East TX = surface hunting. I've never dug back home.

My opinion is that river needs to come on down a little bit. When I drove across it 2 weekends ago it was still a bit high.

Find the sand bars and gravel bars.

Put on the camo and look for creeks coming in to the river as well and watch out for land owners if you hunt the creeks.

Also watch out for snakes! Lots of nasty ones up there.

Good luck!

Jason

Yo Jason, Thats interesting info. Three years ago I was with afossil club field trip north of Jasper TX organised by the local fossil club to walk certain creeks LOADED with Petrified wood. Two of the host club members were into arrowheads and said at least half their collection from that area was made out of the local petrf. wood . Including some made out of the Tx state stone....Petrified PALM WOOD. gORGEOUS !
SH