Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SAMS CLUB...ASTONDING NEWS !

I just returned from a "day of digging" at the frio river landing site [ FRL ] Becomming better known as
SAMS CLUB
iT WAS ANOTHER GREAT DAY of many small points but because 4 agressive badgers were working over a wide area, we got a new picture of Mr Sams place.......
Last week someone found an IRON arrow head. That pegs it to after Columbus, just under 500 years. MANY traditional bird points were found today. The FIND OF THE MONTH was by CORY. Thats 8000 BP also found ANGUSTURA 8800 BP. LERMA POINTED BASE 9000 BP LA JITA 7000 BP. DALTON CLASSIC 10,000 BP And lastly what appears to be a PLAINVIEW [ with a impact fractured tip ] PALEO 11,250 BP.....

So whats the big deal about 11,000 years of north American history ?....

ALL OF IT WAS FOUND NO DEEPER THAN 23" [TWENTY THREE INCHES ]...pics upcomming.

Re: SAMS CLUB...ASTONDING NEWS !

Sorry, typing too fast again, forgot to mention what Cory found....a complete, nice

ANDICE

How much does Sam charge for a day o' diggin'?

I'll forward you an email when I get a chance with pricing Paul.

Thanks Brad. Do I understand correctly that you cannot dig without first making a reservation for a cabin rental?

I think reservations during hunting season are only for the purpose of coordinating activities with scheduled hunters so as not to interfere. He does hint that cabin rentals are their primary goal for opening up digging, but not specifically that you HAVE to stay there to dig. Would be worth a follow up email I reckon.

Diggers,

I have not been able or arrange day digging without rental of lodging.
At this time 8hr dig fee is $75. We have vacancies between now and Nov. 1. Mostly on weekdays.
Make reservation inquiries at reservations@frioriverlanding.com

Thanks,
Sam
830-486-8031

Can Michelle or Hal clear this one up for us? Have you guys been renting cabins while you are digging?

Paul, re cabin rent, certainly.

Which one, Hal? I can't imagine paying $300/day for those houses. Are you gettin' the buzz inn? what is the total bill for a rental + dig fee?

Paul, My last visit was the buz in cabin $75. Then $75. dig fee. I was on my own so my costs were $150. about the same as two other screen dig fees but includes housing. I know of some people jugling how many bodies will fit in various houses thus reducing individual basic costs. You really should ask Sam himself for details, AUSDIGRS and TXCASH reps only got a break on the first pre-open formalities.

Yo Michelle, Nice job with the latest page on Sams dig pics, good thing Brian has a monster pickup tailgate. As you look at the tailgate pic, the flint is laid out on flat flagstone, left to right....SAM'S CORY ME BRIAN. Sam actually had many more points but he could only lift the smaller stone block after the days dig!

Michelle,
Super job with the new page!!!!!!
More than I expected
Everyone saw IT first on
www.austindiggers.com
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hal,
Now everyone can see what the digsite looks like
and the artifacts we're finding
Great having you out again
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VERY NICE finds update By Richard n Buddy. At a quick glance theres 6000 years of history. So if all that is the "good" stuff you must have a couple of buckets of broken, good deal!

Hal, Brian, Cory,

Thanks for leaving me that 2'x3' peninsula of bank to bust off!!! Effie and I went out late yesterday: 4 3/4" scraper- serrated Perdiz-
1 1/2" oval- and 3 1/8" fine Montell !!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will get the pics in ASAP!!!!!!!!

Michelle,
Super job with the webpage!!! It is great for everyone interested!!!!!!

Your welcome, I deliberatly left that area for Effie, remember she was ready to thump me on the head over that 5 inch transparent Lerma I got in HER area..what a site. The quanity and QUALITY of those buck tooth Monties might allow your place the title;
THE MONTEL COUNTRY CLUB

Message for Sam. This past Friday afternoon I just happen to be in your neighborhood looking for a milk shake shop... To my great surprise, you were noty there. Fortunatly your crew was hard at work, hope you made up your lost time with some extra hours night digging. Keep at it, I might do another suprise inspection soon !! ALL the finds the gang showed looked like to "usual" great finds. Here's a suggestion for FRL....You are finding outstanding FRIO'S on the FRIO....scrap the propeller logo and update it with a FRIO....Brian had one that actually had extended "upturned" base tips. Regards

Hal,

Sorry I missed you. Actually I was checking on another possible dig site out toward CampWood. It is very shallow, on bed rock, not sure if it would be worth it.
We had 12 diggers Sat. Among the finds was a super 2 1/2" Ensor, two perfect serrated Perdiz. I found a real nice 3 1/2" Friday blade. Someone else scored a killer 7" Friday blade and 8" butted knife!!
Stop by any time! Michelle too! She has an invite from Buz!!
Thanks for all the help. AustinDiggers is where it's at!!!!

Sam

Ok Sam

Where are they! 8)

Got got the goods? heh Hope that yall took some pictures!!! And email them to me so I can share them with folks!!! HINT HINT HINT!!!!!! . Heck, Keep a throw away camera around if nothing else and we can scan theem in the computer later on!! But be sure to take them pictures!!!
Invite from Buz?? Cool beans! Maybe after yall shoot all the dear! (I am a beef jerky makin fool by the way) Yummie Deer Jerkry! Slobber Slobber!

Have a great week !!! I am SO GLAD that this , we, are all here to share with you Sma and Buz! It always gets my blood pumpin!

Michelle

Message for Sam....Forget about all those beautiful Montells and Corner tangs. While checking book prices for another project I happen to notice that somebody must have declared a worldwide shortage of PERDIZ bird points.....Your place is loaded with them. It seems to work out to $500.00 per inch [ I

got the decimal right, FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ]

Can a DEER HUNTER DIG after the shootins over??? A bayonet type tool would work fine for diggin!