Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ants are good arrowhead hunters

HI everybody, here's a good hunting story for ya. In the early 70's, I was hunting sandy blow out areas in Western Kansas when I came upon a large ant den. I noticed several pieces of flint shining in the sun. The pieces of flint turned out to be four side notched birdpoints. There were 2 Harrell points, 1 Reed point and 1 wa****a point. All four points were perfect. I guess when these ants built their dent, they brought the points up to the surface. Who would ever think of ants being point diggers. Anyway, since that time, when out surface hunting, I always check out the ant dents. Haven't found anything in an ant den since. Good hunting to you all.

Re: ants are good arrowhead hunters

ANTS are also excellent FLINT CUSTODIANS....I have had BRILLIENT SUCESS underneath fire ant condos that kept other diggers away from that zone, in one case 5 full points!!!

Another story I know for a fact [ I personally knew the one guy ] two guys exploring along a creek checked over an armadillo throw pile, sure enough all the right evidence ON FLAT TERRAIN. In Cent TX, Indian "mounds" is a misnomer...thousands of years of sediment, top soil, downpours makes the surface level.

Turned out this site was over an acre in scale and they quitely "mined" it for over a year.

It happened again ! Today!!! Hip Hip !!

HAL ASKED ME TO POST THIS FOR HIM...

IT HAPPENED AGAIN.....TODAY.   SOME DIGGERS  PUT A
BIG DENT IN ONE  OF THE SITES WE

OCCASIONALY VISIT.  iN LOOKING THE SCENE OVER  I NOTICED
A FAIR SIZE BULGE OF DIRT

WHERE IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN LEVEL.  a CLOSE LOOK REVEALE A BIG
ANT NEST.....

i BLASTED THAT SECTION OUT..........BINGO

A GORGEOUS JET BLACK MEDIUM SIZED MARSHALL  RIGHT UNDERNEATH.

THATS ANT POISON SPRAY IN ONE HAND AND MY NEW ANT POINT IN THE OTHER.

THANKYOU  FLINT CUSTODIANS ! ! ! ! !

Fire Ants are such a joy aren't they! I can remember the good ole days digging around Austin before they ever arrived. Well, thu little bugers have finally made it to the camp wood area too. Their nests are still few, but they are here, so I spray every time I see them hoping it will help. I am glad however, that they are small enough to go right through my screen when sifting!

Caption for the above.....wanna trade even-up for a Big Mac?