Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
cornertang

Got this from a guy that said he found it in around Utopia TX. Do you think it's authentic? I'm new to this, and don't know what to look for. Thanks
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'd say no but...

I'm no expert. I buy a lot of points, and in my experiences, if it looks too good to be true, well you know the rest of the story. I hope you didn't pay too much for this piece. I never overpay without a COA, no matter who it is. Wish you the best on it, send it to Dwain Rogers, and get the final answer.
RGS

Re: cornertang

I love it even more seeing it on the big screen!!

Thanks for posting it in here! Hope others will appreciate it also!!

Fake or real?? WHo knows??

Beautiful ??? SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle

I agree with RGS, it looks almost too good to be true,hope I'm wrong. I have one that's similar to it and mine is modern. GOOD LUCK.

Looks modern. Never buy a high dollar piece without a Rogers COA. Hope I'm wrong, but only on way to be sure. Send it to Dwain.

Dont be negative.....look on the bright side.....even IF it is a modern reproduction, it looks top quality and and is well worth what you said you paid for it. Keep it under your pillow until you dig up one yourself [ course the one you dig up might not be as perfect as what you've got!! ]

JEREMY, I AGREE WITH ALL WHO HAVE SAID IT IS MODERN, AND IT WILL COST YOU $20 + POSTAGE TO SEND IT TO DWAIN ROGERS TO FIND OUT FOR SURE. IF YOU DECIDE TO EVENTUALLY SELL IT, YOU CAN STILL FETCH A GOOD PRICE AS A REPRODUCTION.

Thanks everyone, I've talked to Dwain, and I'm going to send it to him. Either way I'll still keep it, and I'll be sure to let ya'll know what he says. Thanks

YO Jeremy, We have all been hanging in suspence this whole year [ 08 ].

Any verdict on the blade ?

I've been gone for about 3 weeks, and have'nt sent it yet. I think I'll pack it up right now, and send it off tomorrow. Happy new year to everyone!

Hey guys I just got my point back from Dwain today. He told me it is a modern point, and he knew the guy who made it. He did not mention a name, but said he was from Houston, and that this guy taught him how to knap back in 1986. So at least I know something about it now.

It's still a nice piece and even has some history behind it !! [ the purchase story and made by the man that TAUGHT the man. ] You might consider a frame of repos, Modern knappers knock themselves out to use the most exotic materials possible and they are gorgeous, check the venders at the shows.