Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Brazos River

Hello everyone,
I just moved to the Brazos River area in Palo Pinto Co. TX. I don't know any landowners yet but I thought about walking some of the river banks along the brazos in search of some points. Would this be a good idea? Is any place as good as the other on a large river like that? Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Thanks

Re: Brazos River

The Brazos obviously cuts right into the heart of Texas history [ and pre-history ] I know the river SE of Waco from fossil club activities. Dependind on floods, droughts and water levels the sand bars produce Mamouth teeth, sloth claws and unidentifieable bone fragments of all sizes.

So my council is to look close at the material in gravel bars not just walking along the banks for artifacts. Incidentally, your part of the world in general is a very good location for SHARKS TEETH washing out. Check this home page under shark teeth and another location under fied trip [ that was just directly south of Dal-FtW. ]

There are paleo sites that I have heard about in that county, but don't know if any are along the river. It's always good to look at areas where major streams join the river, and atop any high hills with a good periphery view from the river. Best of luck & good hunting!

Travis
Welcome to the neighborhood! I have a place in Palo Pinto County. I do not get much time to go but every trip yeilds some great stuff. I have emails from another hunter that also lives near. I want to dig some holes but I have been too busy. Plus i find enough on the surface right now Possible very scattered paleo and every thing up to plain old bird points quite a mix.When more time is free for me i am gonna get together with some hunters from around the area. Good Luck
Leonard