Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
area im looking in continued

I live in san antonio and i hunt a area of a old creek bed that cuts through a residential area i dont know if points are washing in from far off after rains or there near where im hunting and a campsite might be near by ...

i have found tips of drills ,a broken darl,and misc other broken points nothing complete or whole

whats confusing is i find some in the old creek bed and on the outer edges of it and way off about 150 yards in a drainage ditch i find other broken knifes and points

there are several intersecting drainage ditches that go towards the old creek ..

any help would be appreciated thank you

Re: area im looking in continued

If your finding stuff in the old creek bed, it would stand to reason that you are likely downstream from a possible old campsite. Subdivisions seem to have a nasty habit of wiping out old sites though. I've hunted in San Antonio as well as Austin and seen alot of sites destroyed. Try to locate any perrenial springs or water sources along the old creek. If you find any, chances are greater than not an old campsite (if still existing) is close by. At any rate, good luck with your hunting!