Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
river finds

some of my latest finds,two of the points i've posted before.these are all from the sanjacinto river.from the last few months.i'll be sending the broke one to dr. gomer for restoring.

you can see the original glue on the bottom right point

Re: river finds

Thanks for sharing the photo of your finds. In the arrangement, is the center piece a caddo knife? Good Luck with the restoration (i've heard he's good).
Sincerely, Mike

Wow Roy, you havent lost your touch, those would be considered great finds even for lucky diggers. Seems like this is going to be a good flint year for many....See ya.

hello mike,i think the center one is a lerma,but not sure...

Ya the middle looks Lerma to me as well!

"Take me to the River" .. ehe or creek! Isn't that a song?? Looks like the water is good to you!!!

Michelle

Roy, It appears quite large in the picture. I've never seen a Lerma Knife (round or pointed base version). If it is, it should be rare and quite valuable. Lerma is listed as transitional paleo, but some of my archeologist friends debate that it could actually be more paleo. I get both versions out of our cave dig, up to about 3&1/2" long, but no larger. I just wanted to comment about this because your point could be highly valuable. It might be worth getting an appraiser to check it out. Thanks, and good hunting (you've got some good stuff)!

Roy, while your out creekin did you notice thats there's someone else in you eastern side thats handling the LAKES. See New posting under FRIENDS COLLECTIONS...David Jr. Lake Livingston vicinity. While digable camps are hard to find out there, why bother digging if they dumped all thier possesions in the drainages. ! ! ! !

YO Roy....maybe you should not group your finds so that the largest dominates the limelight. I didn't put the eye on the "small stuff " until now, that low left of the giant looks like a broken legged SAN PATRICE - HOPE.......10,000 YRS BCE

Very nice indeed

hey mike,the one i'm thinking is a lerma,is between
3 1/2"&4",ive found four of these in this area,one thin an well flaked,all the same shape.

hello hal, that is a sanpatrice my first,i've heard they are plentiful around here.but thats the first i've seen.lake livingston has a nlot of camp sites under it's waters whish i could scouba dive.

Yeah Roy, the more I look at it the more convinced I am that it's a Round Base Lerma, and a big nice one at that. I guess it's not quite a knife though, any larger probably would be. I couldn't tell before how long it was. I've got about 6 specimens from our cave dig, and the 2 longest are 3 & 1/4" and 3 & 3/4". I bet you'll probably be finding more in your area. Like I said, the Archeologists may ultimately determine that Lerma is more paleo than transitional in age. I found mine within a paleo layer at almost 8 feet deep within the cave. Good luck along the river!

Hey Roy, I went searching along the San Jacinto River yesterday for the firs time and found one small point. Whereabouts are you looking? I know a few more areas along the San Jacinto I'll be checking out very soon. I met a guy along the river yesterday who's name was William. He found a very nice Marshall Point.

hello johnny anywhere between 45 and 59.i have not been on any other part of the river.goodluck maybe we will meet some day

those are some beauties Parnter, Congrats.

Thanks Roy. Got a quick question for you. I'm fairly new to looking for artifacts in rivers in creeks. I can see you have a lot of success finding points. Can you give me any pointers on what to look for while looking around in the creeks? Are their certain areas in rivers and creeks that you look for when hunting for artifacts? I'm not wanting you to tell me the area you hunt but areas in general in creeks and rivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Johnny