Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dwain Rogers COA

I posted this pic a couple of weeks back for id, just a follow up.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: Dwain Rogers COA

When you send an artifact off to Dwain Rogers or anybody else, are you afraid that maybe it will get lost? Has this ever happened to you?

So far nothing lost

I've never had anything lost to date, that's even with some 400 ebay transactions. Insurance is always there for you, granted it won't replace the item.
RGS

RS, I knew that wasn't a Texas type when you posted the photo a few weeks ago, although it does resemble Golondrina a little. I usually get an item tracking no. at the post office whenever I mail a point. It's very cheap, and iv'e never lost a point yet. Never lost anything on E-Bay yet either, however, some people apparently don't know how to pad a point when they mail one.

anyone with a overstreet book

Is this point in the overstreet guide, and if so what value do they have on it.
Many thanks,
RGS

Ron, Yes, this type point is listed in the Overstreet book, and I would easily say that it is quite valuable due to it's size and quality of workmanship. On the COA from Dwain, he did not specifically Grade the point, but comments that it is a very high quality specimen of the type. At that, I can see giving it a Grade # 9. As a grade 9, the value range would appear to be from 900. to 1,500. Overstreet's explanation of this range is as follows; the lower represents what you could expect to get from a dealer: the higher is what you could expect to get from a collector. If you should ever want to sell it, my best suggestion would be to consign it on-line to an advertiser in the area where it originates, or was found (for the best result). The point is from the late archaic period. I researched it this morning over coffee, hope this helps you out. Nice point!

Mike, you are the man!

Thanks for your research. I don't have any intentions on selling this point, just curious. This was actually the very first point i ever bought, paid $75 to the guy, who said he'd been offered $500 from a gallery out in California. He sold it for me, because it was a gift to my father, he knew our appreciation. I've since bought and culled some 5,ooo+ points, but this one is surely the prize of our collection.
Glenn

Glen, Glad I could be of help to you on it. I was impressed by it the First time you posted it! I'll bet you were very relieved to get the COA on it, because it certainly confirms that you got a really GOOD Deal on it! By the way, when I researched it, yours was considerably larger/longer than Overstreets examples shown. Very Happy for You!

Thanks again Mike, let's stay in touch.
RGS

You got it my friend!