Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
More sifter finds From Palo Pinto County

I have some more to share here they are.Photobucket
Photobucket
Any of your opinions will help us ID them better.
Travis You will knockem dead next time. I tried something new this morning. I used my stihl back pack blower and cleaned up the loose dirt where we worked and found a drill another bird point and the top of a broken point But it was very dusty anyone who tries this sould get a mask.

Re: More sifter finds From Palo Pinto County

Top Photo moving left to right/ top to botttom). Edgewood (damaged), Darl Stemmed (nicked), broken small knife base or pre-form, and probable Young point (bottom right).
Bottom Photo: small nicked knife or pre-form, nicked Oauchita point, broken abasolo (looks like impact break),broken Ellis point, bird point too damaged to identify (looks like fire pocks on base), possible drill base (bottom right).
Keep on sifting/ blowing!!

Re: More sifter finds From Palo Pinto County

Hi again Leonard. Nice going on the blower, Try it on a very windy day that might blow the dust clear. This dry surface hunting come up sometime in the last 6 weeks and I suggested a leaf rake, Maybe it was in response to your input [ or not ]. In any case the power blower reminded me of my youth in artifact hunting [ six years ago ! ]. It was time before we even knew about camps, strictly field and stream hunting. We had done medium that summer but I recall we were " shattered " when fall arrived. Even the lightest scattering of fallen leaves destroyed those productive gravel bars.

We took a small gas blower from work to the creeks, It did the job but using it on a camp site is better than a mile of creek. It was just a phase in life I'm glad is finished.

I would think that modern technology blower is much better than a rake....clearing crevasses or clearing the hardpack that tends to buildup around plants [ cactus ? ? ].

GOOD CONTINUED LUCK.