Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
UPO "Unidentified Petrified Object"

I found some pieces that look like dropings, I will post pictures. Could it be possible? Has anyone ever find anything like this?

Re: UPO "Unidentified Petrified Object"

Where is the picture?

I'll post the pictures, there wer 3 of them I found within inches of each other, can't find the third one, still looking in my boxes of rocks. I also found a 6" long whitish brown specimen, looks like molar indentions of some kind, I'll post the Pictue as well.

Could they be something?Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

They look like droppings

For whatever it's worth, heres my scoop on thu poop! What you have is either Limeonite, or hematite. Either is made of Iron ore. If these were fossilized droppings (Copralites), they would be from dinosaurs, and obviously (from ones I've seen) be much larger! Some folks even think these are meteorites....Not!

Thanks for the feedback guys.

No ****...wow

I agree that its hematite. I find a bunch of them south of Ozona
Scott

Looked up hematite, limeonite and corpalites, and neither one looks anything like it. Who can I send them to have them anaylized?

The closest place I know to take them would be in San Antonio at the Whitte Museum if your there sometime.

Here's a professional opinion without the trip to San A.
1. back to front pg. click DEALERS & LINKS
2. click METEORITES PLUS
3. scroll down front page to CATAGORY OF YOUR
CHOICE. Click ROCKS COMMONLY MISTAKEN FOR
METEORITES.
4. Click # 25

I've found similiar pieces like this and the ones I found are droppings.They belonged to a prehistoric alligator.We found bones and teeth also at the same place and found a lot so we assume this was a prehistoric den.I'm not sure if the ones you have are droppings but one way to tell is to put it to your tounge.If it sticks to your tounge then it is probably a dropping.It has the same shape of the ones we found.This works with anything that was alive and then mineralized.Bones,teeth and droppings etc.Try this and let me know if this works.

That sounds like a Russian Roulette taste test.But if it works.

I'll take my chances with a proffessional. But thanks for the advise anyway.

You guys can make fun but it's the real deal. I got that advice from a pro and it has proven itself over and over.

Gee, I wonder if the guy has alot of bad breath! My pups do this all the time!