Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sat at Onion Creek

So yesterday was pretty strange. Went to our Onion Creek site and came across a baby deer stuck in the cattle fence. I was able to cut it free from the barb wire, but of course, then the dog chases the limping deer all the way down and into Onion Creek. Had to spend a few hours dealing with that, but I guess some goodwill came back to us b/c we made some good finds later that day.

Found what I believe is either a Covington or Friday blade (check out the weird unfinished piece on the backside). We also found a broken perd drill, a Nolan (I think), an Angostura, and some type of weird circular based broken drill. Also found lots of colorful Manos. Overall, I'd say we had a pretty productive day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: Sat at Onion Creek

nice finds! Our family has land on onion creek but our onion creek is in north texas in archer county.

Hi Eric, great variety of Flint. Good thing you mention your Onion creek is up North. You may Know there is an Onion creek running almost through the heart of Austin Texas....You could have started a local dig panic to match the Panama canal down here.

Are you surfacing or Digging?? If surfacing, mind what you might stub your toe on, The red lands of Archer county are famous for DIMETREDON fossils. Very very old strata exposure.

I like a covington form for the blade and there is at least one point like your angostura with the slight concave base shown under HELL GAP. Both an impressive old age

Did I get that wrong ? ? ? ? Looks like thats TRAVIS that hunts up north....The toll road boys are going to love having a canal through Austin Texas ! ! !

Still fine finds no matter where in Texas you are.

Re: very nice

Very nice pieces!!!

Yeah my family has some land in the red dirt in north texas. muddy red banks, can't see any rocks. tuff to find points unless you have river land. Not as many rivers up there.