Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pictures of caves taken 1-19-07

I was able to climb into one of the caves, or actually rock shelters. The rock shelter I went into was 10' front to back, 3' high and 15' wide. Didn't do any sifting yet, but plan to when I have more time. Inside the top is black and I was wondering if that is from a fire? The first picture is of me on the left (the one with the dirty face from digging)and my cousin Mark on the right. The rest of the pictures are of this and other rock shelters we have.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: Pictures of caves taken 1-19-07

Nice shots DJ, I notice that all of the shelters are developed along the same horizontal bedding plane (level), and in one photo there is a vertical rock joint in the cliff face. These types of rock joints are often associated with development of sinkholes and caves. Have you looked above the top and along the joint line/trend? If not, it might be worth while sometime. Looks like it was a pretty decent day out there. Yes, the black on the roof would be a positive sign left from old fires! Can't wait to see if you find some points when you test it!

Very Nice pictures, Happy hunting guys.

Looks like a good spot for rattlers too!

Much better pics

Don't leave home without your digital camera ever again.
Thanks for sharing,
RGS

I am back from my trip. I focused on the caves instead of the middens this time. I did find out that there is occupation in at least one cave, nothing spectacular, but still very promising. The first pic on this post is the cave I dug in. You can also see it in the middle of the third pic. I am sure there is artifacts in the cave to the right of this one because you can see the burnt ceiling from the ground. It is a little harder to get into, I will have to cut some limbs out of the way. Well, it is past my bedtime not used to the change of time yet. I will post my finds from the cave in the morning.

That sounds promising to me. Is that your land?

Good going DJ! Each trip you learn a little more about the site. It sounds like you are probably keeping good site records (like us) for future knowledge. The weather was good here this week-end, but rain has arrived this am finally. Hope your cabin got insulated like you were hoping for. Can't wait to see your finds.

It looks like I can't post the pics from the cave until this evening, my wife has the camera and she is at work. I am off today. Mike can you email me when you can?

Hey Travis, yes it is our land.

Impressive, north texas??

Nope. Way down southwest Texas close to Mexico. I wish it was in north Texas because I would be going there more often. Gas is killing me.

Me too man. I've been wanting to go down south to dig but it's rediculously expensive now. I think your my age which means when we graduated high school 10 years ago we paid .97 per gallon. Can you believe that?

Sorry DJ, you have never given me your E-mail address. Mine is Mwa5057@aol.com. I will answer yours!