Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ID Point

I'am new to the stie. I live near Corpus Christi and find a few points in the farm land near the creeks but have better look in the brush country of south Texas.
I found this point in New Mexico 2 years ago near Clovis. I think that it might be a Uvalde made from Alibates. Not sure. It is 4 inches long.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket

Re: ID Point

Welcome RW, best I can tell you are correct on type (Uvalde), and material (alibates), it's serrated, and did have good barbs as well (nicked). Nice Find!

Outstanding point and correct call.

Nice specimen.!!

Thanks, that is one of the best points I have found. At the time I was hunting Antelope walked over to huge cottonwood by a creek and found it. I didn't find any flint or any sign of a camp. The Rancher told me that at one time there was a spring there but had dried up several years ago.
RW

Ya darn skippy! I'd have been plenty happy without an antelope! Super nice find.

oh my my RW, what a beauty and alibates too. Super find.