Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ID

My wife brought this point home from an abandoned office in th building where she works. I don't have a clue what it is or if it is authentic. I plan on bring it with me to the show this weekend.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: ID

This point looks pretty good to me, but I'm fairly sure it's not a NM/AZ point. It most resembles the Texas southwest square base Lange, of which the horizontal transverse flaking style is common. Overall, based strictly on the photo, it looks real good to me. You mentioned going to a show this coming week-end. If your talking about the Fredricksberg show, I will be there as a vendor. Come by, and we will get Dwain Rogers to look at it for you. Then we will know for certain. What a nice present to find that way. I guess I'll have to start looking in abandoned buildings!

looks like a hardin variety, is the stem chipped at the corners?

Gino, no Hardin I have ever seen has that square of a base, and on most,the sides of the base are concave. All others are straight, but expanding. The flaking style (fine percussion with beveling) does not match as well.

Mike thanks, I live outside of Corpus Christi.I will see you at the show.
RW

Great RW, have a safe trip! See you Saturday.

mike, will you be at the waxahatchie show, also. I am planning on being there, unfortunately can't make this weekend, have to work.

yES, I will be at the Waxahachie show also. DJ says he will be there too. Hope to get to meet you both. Until then, Good Hunting.

Mike, if you have time, email me at oldgoatlp@att.net. I have a question about burialsites in Texas, since you are the resident archeaologist in our group, you would be the one to help me.

Will do Larry. I don't think I'd go as far to say thar I'm an expert on burial sites, but I have seen quite a few. Thank You.

Hay there

If you have any pictures Larry, send them along to me!

No need to tell me where .. I just would like to see any photo's if you take any

Great things these little nakked guys do! I have seen a few myself

Michelle

PS Still saving myself for you larry 8) heheh

michelle, you know that i am computer stupid, why do you challenge me like that? Honey, I know youare saving yourself for me, but it has to be a long distance love affair, lolexb3