Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Test Photo of dig site

Re: Test Photo of dig site

Finally got it posted. That is a nice looking cave. Is the cave the only place you are finding artifacts on your land?

DJ, I'm still trying to join the codes to get all of the photos on, but haven't got it quite yet. The entrance sink is 150 feet in diameter, and opening is 50'wide by 14'high, and cave is 350'long and 60'deep. It is one of 10 caves on the ranch, but the only one containing artifacts/occupation. It was used as a Wintering shelter camp. We have found points up to 200'from the entrance, and inside up to 120' through a second room (3 rooms total). That is the only area of the ranch containing finds.

I guess you are using something other than photobucket. If you go to photobucket all you have to do is upload your pics, copy the html code, copy and paste each photo on the message. What are you having problems with?

DJ, I did that on photobucket just like what your saying, and pasted all the codes onto the message and posted it,but for some unknown reason, only the first photo got posted and not the remaining ones. I tried to join them together using comas, but it didn't work. Any ideas? or am I doing something wrong and just don't realize it? Will appreciate any help from anybody familiar with this! Thanks, Mike

Mike take out the comas. Try posting one and hitting enter on your keyboard then post another and so fourth.

Mike you are way ahead of me. I forgot how to put pics into photobucket. Nice cave does it have water inside or near. Lucky You.

Leonard

Mike I see you caves --really look great-Joe Collins

DJ, been at this most of the day, and I'm getting real tired and frustrated. Going to sva all and resume in the am before I really screw up and loose data.
Leonard, after heavy rains the entrance sink takes alot of runoff water to a drain hole in the floor, and alot of the many stalactites drip for days on end. We have tried digging at the bottom in the third and bottom room. Went down 8' feet, but still in muddy clay & silt. The cave must have been more open in the back when the indians lived there, but my feeling is that over time it got closed off by the silt. When it did, it wouldn't evacuate the smoke from their fires anymore. They probably thought the gods had turned against them, so the packed up and left. We have alot of on-going projects inside the cave.