Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Finds from the Cave

Photobucket

Re: Finds from the Cave

didn't see one heartbreaker there, Mike. really nice pieces. LUCKY DOG....lol

Yep, no heartbreakers there. I made sure I got these photographed before the show, because alot of them are gone now (sold).

Mike, in a cave I'm assuming there is a lot better chance of finding a unbroken point? How often do you find any type of point in your normal digging session?

Mike I noticed that their are quite a few more blades and these are class artifacts. Happy hunting and congratulation on that nice find.

DJ, on the average, I bring out about from 7 to 10 whole points per session. It can vary where hearths are present. I've hit several good caches of points, most of which have been within 2 feet of the back walls. I usually get a point every 3rd screen shake, or at least a broken piece. Broken pieces still well exceed whole ones, even in the cave. The cave has been an exceptionally good site for Frios,Sabinals,Split Base Ensor,Martindales & Bandy, and Pandales( super high quality).

Hey Joe, yeah, the cave has put out some really nice Fridays,Covingtons,Archaic,and Cresent knives. Haven't found a Corner Tang yet though, but we are looking.