Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Frio River Landing

I will be going later in the month with a few buddies. It will be our first time there. Any advice or suggestions before we go? Looks like some awesome stuff is being found. Thanks

Re: Frio River Landing

Hi MH, We were thinking about going sometime soon as well, and have not been there before either. I was just curious about something. When we inquired about digging, Sam specified that in order to dig, we would be required to lodge there. Did they tell you the same thing? When we inquired at Camp Live Oak, Butch did not say anything about lodging being required (haven't been there either yet). Was just curious because we are locals to the area (only 35 miles from them).

TANCAOYE MOUNDS PAY DIG AKA SAM'S DIG

""only persons allowed to dig are registered guests at one of the lodges located at Frio River Landing""

""Digging fee is $75/person per day in addition to lodging for equal number of days at Frio River Landing and includes up to 8 hours of digging each day. ""

They have cabins there and to dig, you have to first rent a cabin. Looking at the items that are coming out of there, I would do in a heart beat !

AND I do plan on a trip up there this year for myself! I gotta get out there weith my camera and see the place. Get in a few hours diggin for myself to so I know what to tell you people when I get all these emails about the place and what I think about it .

Which, Buzz, Sam, I have gotten and replied to probably about 100 emails telling people about your place and I hope they all show up this year too!!!

Michelle
austindiggers.com

Michelle

We had to rent a cabin for two nights. With one day of digging it is about the same price as a screen dig. Should be fun. Looking forward to it.

My family and I visited Frio River Landing last year at the end of July/beginning of August.

Hey Sam, do you remember us? We were the family who brought along that jacked up camouflaged golf cart. We stayed most of the week enjoying the river and at the time, y'all weren't doing any digging out there. We kept looking in that front pasture but only managed to scrape out a few surface finds which was pretty darn cool for us! Those were the first points I have ever found. My two sons have been on my butt about getting them back out there. I'll be calling up Buzz shortly to book a week's stay sometime this coming up summer. Ever since we found a few points on y'alls place, we have been looking around our neck of the woods and have found a few. We can't wait to get out that way. I'll bring the golf cart once again and can't wait to jump in the river and hopefully scrape out a few points. I hope Effie will have a bunch more tomatoes for us again (I'll pay for them)! Be good.

Johnny