Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Books on Points

I have bought afew books from Lar Hothem and Lawrence Tully and such, but it's still somewhat confusing of so many varieties, and somewhat hard to place in a specific time period. But it sure is addictive studying this primitive tools. I'll post some new pics and see what u guys think about some of these pieces. Thanks again for all the help Guys.
Happy hunting!!!

Re: Books on Points

Gino, I think what would benefit you the best is the 10th edition Overstreet guide book. A reasonable means to identify your points, but don't take their value ranges too seriously. You should be able to order this book on-line for around $25.

I agree with mike, don't take the prices seriously, With some of the prices in Overstreets I'd be

rich...in money. I'd rather be rich in points....
The best way to learn about the points is to get out find them and find a good book to help in identification. With all the different points in Texas, you can't rely on just one source of information...

Well now, I had no idea that Dan's book was worth so much. I shall stop carrying it in the toolbox on the fourwheeler. I have had some books for over fifty years and have just beaten them to death. An unread book is like a dog that never hunted, a horse that never ran, a gun that was never fired and a person who never made love.

AMEN to that redman