Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Arrowheads in Navarro County Texas

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anybody had hunt (surface or digging) for arrowheads in Navarro County Texas?

Thanks for the information.
P. nasuta

Re: Arrowheads in Navarro County Texas

yes, I have done some hunting in Navarro County.

Hi Barb,

Thanks for the input. Did you happen to have any success?

Thanks,
P. nasuta

Yes, I have had good luck. Do you look for points in
Navarro County?

Hi Barb,

I have not hunted there yet. My wife's grandparents own some land in the Corsicana area. I have never try hunting for arrowheads there, but I thought I'd give it a try during my next trip there. Do you surface hunt or dig?

Take Care,
P. nasuta

Hi P. Nasuta,
My husband and I mainly look in creeks. We have had good luck surface hunting in some fields, but the land has changed onwners and they don't want anyone on there fields. We use to hunt Richland Chambers lake 2 years ago, when the lake was so low, everyone had a really good time and lots of points were found. Then the State posted signs that any collection of ancient artifacts was illegal. Don't get me started on that subject! So it looks like it's back to the creeks this year. But, all in all I'd say Navarro County is a good place to look. By the way, where are you from?

Barb

Hi Barb,

I live in northeast Louisiana. We usually make it over there a several times from spring to fall. I've noticed a few creek bed as we've driven a round through the country, so, I guess if I can find a place that's not posted I'll have to give it a try and see what I find.

I have never been out to the lake, are there many rocks a long the bank? It's a shame the state will not allow surface hunting in the area. I could understand not wanting digging in a state park, but you would think surface hunting would be OK.

Well, thanks for the information and I hope you guys have good luck hunting.

Take Care,
P. nasuta