Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Found Today In Florida Visit!

If You Know What This Point Is Please Let Me Know I Think Pos. Sarasota!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: Found Today In Florida Visit!

Dunno WHAT it is but its nice! Thanks for the look.

Cool point. I like the pic of the Overstreet! Somebody loves lookin at points!!!

WOW Donny...We all live and learn [from each other].

Is THAT what " digging " in Florida typically looks like ? ? ? Thats Incredible! ! Your pic looks more like what I would think of as hand digging a water well. How does one find a "camp" under presumably featurless sand?? Once found, is the whole site excavated one round hole at a time??

Cant help you confirm that point type [ I did check your area in the book ]...I'm too busy enjoying your dig pic.

Tks

Yes In Florida Thats The Way I Was Taught To Dig Its Easy To Find Site That Site There I Took A Couple Of Buddies There That Got Me In To Digging And They Said There Wasnt Anything There Shut Ive Found 6 Points In That Are 15x15 I Guess Thanks Its Hard To Dig I Guess Alot Of Reps My Arms Get Very Tired After 6 or 7 Hours Thanks Again Donny Ive Never Found A Point On Top Of The Ground!

Donny,
I don't know what the point is, you say you never found a point just laying on the ground i have around 350 points and all have been found laying on the ground, i have never dug for points, but would like to go on a dig one of the days.

How can I tell where to dig? I've also never dug for arrowheads before. All my finds have been surface found. Is there a telltale sign of where you dig?

I Look For Chips On The Surface I Then Dig A test Hole Or Two And Then If It Looks Good I Start Digging I Look Around Swamps,Lakes,Springs I Think The Diference Is The Soils From Here To There In Texas Here In One Rain If There Was Anything On The Surface I Think It Sinks My Closest Surface Find Was About 5"inchs Down I Would Like To get Lucky And Find Stuff On The Surface I Would Be Alot Less Work! I Just Moved To South Carolina So My Learning Proces Is Much Diffrent I Dont Know where To Start!