Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Interesting piece

Does anyone have an Idea what this could be? it looks like half a nut shell of some sort, with the inside missing. It seems heavy for it's size. The outside is blistered. Let me know if anyone can ID this cookie.
Thanks, have a nice day ya'll
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: Interesting piece

It looks to me like a piece of non poris volcanic rock. Maybe some old molten metal from a volcano. I would think the center is missing because that was the core of the molten and burst because it was the hottest part of the rock. Just taking a stab at it... where did you find it?

Found it here in Webb County, Texas. I've had it for sometime, never payed much attention to it. Until now that I have joined this site. I am learning alot with you guys, have to Thank Michelle for letting me in here. Anyways how can I know if it is Molten lava? and why is the pit so symetrical. Anyways thanks for the input partner. Happy hunting ya'll.

you might try taking it to a geology department at a university some time and have them look at it. you could try sending the pictures to pamela.stephens@mwsu.edu She was one of my prof. at MSU in wichita falls. She's good. Let us know what she says.

Saw a show where a guy in Arizona made his living tracking down meteorites. I'm not sure if thats what you have there but he used a metal detector....does it have metallic properties? Looks similar to some of the stuff he had on display from what I remember.

It may not be of this world!

Gino, I think what you have there is a Bedias stone, sometimes refered to as a tectite---a spun off metorite.

Thanks guys, I emailed Pamela, hopefully she can help ID this extraterestial piece if in fact it is one. It does have a sort of melted something around the core and I tried scraping the inside a little, but to no avail. Anyways
thanks agian for all the input guys.

sure thing.
interested to see what pam says

Pam responded. She says it's some sort of concretion an iron nodule and that the hole was made by air space explosion. Cool!!