Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Texas mines

Are there any mines located in texas that are open to the public. Like the ones you see on TLC or the travel channel.

Re: Texas mines

Erich, yes, Texas does have many mines, but only a few are still active. Most of them are in far west texas, mercury/ cinabar, gypsum/potash, and many are abandoned, including a topaz and opal mine I know of. I don't know of any that are open to the public, like some are in other states. If you managed to get access to an abandoned one, you would be very lucky. Alot of them have become inhabited by bats also, and have been gated so that only the bats can use them for roosts.

Hello

you can also look on the website under "DIGGING TREASURES" .. There are alot of those type mines in there with information

If you know of any other that need to be on the list EMAIL ME DIRECTLY and I will put them in there.

Michelle

Erich, I don't know of any mines but if you're into finding agates there's the Woodward Agate Ranch near Alpine.