Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
some of my bird points restored

I took a pic of the whole group before i started, for a before and after, but it disappeared. This is a hobby for me, some of you have bought or seen some of my work put into hand crafted arrows. I'm not Dr. Gomer by any means, but i do enjoy working with these points.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: some of my bird points restored

WOW, quite a difference in the before and after. Gomer or not, I think you did pretty good!

Give us the scoop on the color match.. Some people, I HEAR, use colored chalk to mix the colors because paint won't let the epoxy dry...

What is your secret! heh

I concur, I like the repaired. I also fix my damaged's, I dont sell or trade so it's for my own amusement.

Michelle i tried the pastels on your tip, but i've found that acrylic paint to be the best. I wish i had some tips from the pros, but for obvious reasons they're not going to share. Some flint colors are easier to match than others, and i do find the bird points easier to hit on the color, not as much surface area to conflict with.
Thanks,
RGS

Does anyone have any broken birds for sale cheap, if so please email me pics directly?
Thanks,
RGS