Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
RE TAN COYOTE UPDATE 3-21

WOW...terrific eye candy for the flint at heart and not a one smacked with a pick! ! Your place is well on the way to flint history....pretty much the way old timers speak of "Chrisners"... One of the good points of a visit to Richard C's is a longing look at the entire wall of his sign-in garage plastered with by-gone finds.........YOU on the other hand have an

entire AIRCRAFT HANGER ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

NEVER in the course of human endevors has;
SO MANY
FOUND SO MUCH
FOR SO LITTLE

SOMEDAY, Sam, [ & ELLIE ] you may make it to a flint show. Here's a clue how to save the 5 bucks entry fee that has kept you away til now. Tables and ENTRY are FREE to non selling displayers. Your finds will bring plenty of attention and the sign advertising the FRL should book place up til next year...THE Texas event is in JUNE.

Sam, What do you folks in Real county call that droopy eared beauty at the bottom left of Michelles update today ????
In all my digs around Austin I have only found one single example similar to it and never dared give a name to it.

See my droop ear..
Back to home page...On right side hit WINTER 2007
Scroll all the way to the bottom [ it's a long one ].
Droopy is in all three of the bottom row pics....cant miss it !!!

Thanks for the memories.

Re: RE TAN COYOTE UPDATE 3-21

Hal,!

Thanks for the compliments about the dig, and thanks to You and Michelle for all the great work done to help out everyone.

We want to make that flint show. I could learn a lot just by showing up. I'll get started on the FRL sign.

I was told the droop ear is Marshall. I looked at your example at Winter '07. Buddy and I dug one in the original trench #2 also. You know I'm no expert!

We are finding great artifacts. I did some test holes out in the field a couple 100ft from the trees and came up with good points each time. It looks like there is a huge midden in the center of the field. First time I walked out there surface finds included a nice scraper and a preform. Looks like we'll have digging for years.

We have guests coming end of next week, 3-4, very interested in documenting your/Michelle's shell piece with drawings. Any chance you'll be out this way?

Cheers,
Sam @ FRL
830-486-8031

Re: RE TAN COYOTE UPDATE 3-21

Sam, OK, Marshall. Certainly has a better ring than " I dont know " But that Marshall family must have been on Odd bunch....I've got a lot of Marshalls as per the book....Then I've got a few where the barbs are EXCESSIVELY long and fragile.. This one we're refering to is rather solidly built. Might have had a lot of black sheep in the family tree.

Re " I'm no expert ".... that wont work anymore, nobody believes that old charade !!!!! You have been digging seven days a week from dawn to dark for six solid months elbow to elbow with the finest and most knowledgeable experts Texas can supply, Starting with Buddy with OVER 30 years experience. IF you needed it for the FRL advertising,,,,,You would be justified to say "You have four thousand years experience behind you "

Re June flint show, I'll take that as a definite YES.
Good deal! Your collection will just add to the glory...Thats an incredible amount of flint under one roof.

Re scribed shell. Michelle owns that and though the stated dates dont look good,who knows what a pecker will do ???
This subject is also very timely for as you know She has never even been there once. I'f thre's any smooth talkin sales pitch that you can think of to fix a dig date, that would be great...[ the shell slant was brillient but the dates might not work ]

And that concludes this missle, sorry it took so long to read...You just missed that much diggin time !!