Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Birdies

Photobucket

Found these tilling up the garden. Even though there no sign of a camp,I live 1/4 mile off the colorado river. There's huge Oak tree's near where these were found.And what I believe to be an Oak tree that was intentionally bent over almost double pointing towards the west. I will post a picture of this.Point is always look down even if you're not expecting anything!And yes I'm looking again and the garden's getting bigger!

Re: Birdies

pretty flint.

RY, Is that a matate that the points are lying on, and did you find that in your gaeden area as well?

Nice to find that in your yard!

Did'nt find it in the garden but on the property. Not sure if it's a mano,it's broken in half and a very heavy stone.Smooth on the one side though..more like a Geo.

I took a good picture of the tree that I had mentioned.I really believe that this is a sign tree used by indians pointing out which direction they were heading.It points towards the west or over the Colorado river towards the Llano Estacado..and it's in my backyard.The above mentioned tree was within a few feet of my garden and where I found the two bird's

current=signtree2.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket

Photobucket

It'a just not natural for a sturdy oak tree to be bent over like this.I am a nature freak and realize how rare this is!

Nice flint. I found a broken point in the panhandle that's the same color as the one on the right so I assumed it was some kind of alibates but I'm not so sure.

Bent Tree

I have heard or read that native Americans would bend young Oaks to grow like that. If that is true it is kinda neat. A tree that big has got to be hundreds of years old.

That is pretty unnatural growth for what looks to be a post oak.