Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Newb!

Hello:

I've lived down in the Galveston area all my life and was always curious about arrow heads, the hunting for them, how to find them, and so-on.

Now I live in the Hill Country, there seems to be plenty around...just don't who to contact to get started, where to go, where/how to learn, etc...

Anyone offer any advice?

I read something about some paid sites in the area, but does anyone offer some training and know-how before going out there and trying it on my own?

Are there any groups to join so newbs can be mentored and monitored, etc...?

Thank you for any advice you can offer!

Jeff,
Kyle, Tx.

Re: Newb!

hey jeff im always headin in youre direction and sometimes i go digging at pay sites i can offer some advice if you want to hang out sometime let me know im in the san antonio area

Welcome JD, Your now on the fast for flint adventures..
ALL of the questions you could possibly think of have been touched on this last two years, just scroll back into the POINT CHATTER topics from tools to dig sites.

IF you can get to that Temple flint show in June, there's NOTHING like it for crash learnin

If you can afford it, one of the pay digs will have you needing a proper display case real fast.

If you get back to Galveston again checkout all the chatter we had about coastal shell middens !!

One of the things you can use most in this hobby is....GOOD LUCK

Welcome!

Welcome aboard JD! Don't let the pay digs intimidate you, as this time of year and especially on week-ends there are alot of folks hitting those sites, and there would usually be someone else there to guide you along. If you can afford it, I would suggest driving out to Randy's Dig near Comfort, tx. It is a productive site, and he is almost always there to help new folks along....and he enjoys it. The digging is easy for the most part, you get a certain amount of ground to dig, so you don't have to hurry and can take your time. There are alot of diggers in and around Austin also, so in time I'm sure you'll meet some of them. Good Luck getting started!

Thanks for all the response, guys. I will certainly take the advice and recommendations!