Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
D2 Ranch Update

I can't believe this place is just 15 miles from my house. I went out and dug all Saturday. It's a really big camp with flint everywhere. It's 15 miles south of Mineral Wells on 281. Mr. Dunaway is a super nice guy too. He is going to start doing big sifter digs with a backhoe soon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: D2 Ranch Update

Is that Doyle Dunaway running that site?
What is the cost per day?
Do you have his phone number?

This is TERRIBLE, just goes to prove that life is cruel ! ! !

So there you are with one of the finest screen sifters in north Texas, no bird point is safe......

NOW you've got a dig site with nothing but worked pieces big enough to fit through a donut hole !!

I like the flint, it's a big change from CenTx varieties.

Life's cruelties continue....Now you probably have to upgrade your basic earth moving equipment, THEN if thats not bad enough, you should start to find more and LARGER finds that will require an Overtons book.

Nice going

Hey Hal. Yeah can you believe that I make a bird sifter and find big stuff like this? I really like that Marshal. I wish it were all there but I think it's still a nice piece. The flint at his place is all rainbow colored. Lot's of reds too. I can't complain.

Brad, yeah that's him. 75 per day for a screen. I think around 150 for a backboe screen dig when he begins that. Are you around this area? Send me an email. bluesurf1978@yahoo.com Thanks

Ya see Travis! It's been less than a year since you were worried you wouldn't find a decent place to dig...............wyy it's practically in your back yard! Makes the fuel costs easier too. You know theres more than one Marshall in there with your name all over it. May the next one whole & a G-10! Glad to hear about it.

Hey Mike, I can't believe that there is a pay dig so close. But I've got to give props to Leonard. He's been letting me dig on his place for a good while now. Man, I've got places to dig everywhere now-

Where would we be in this world without friends? You know what they say.........Birds of a feather....

It's so nice to dig anywhere when the meters not running! A bad day at a pay dig ..can happen. It tends to make ya want to down an extra brew. Hope that don't happen. Any Paleo layer at the D-2?

I hear ya Mike....
I have not seen or heard of any Paleo pieces yet. I thik Mr. Dunaway told me of a Paleo or possible Paleo type he found. But there is so much cmap ans so little has been dug yet that it wouldn't suprise me to see a Paleo area come out of this.

Travis. . . . How bout this piece of ancient history !

I seem to remember the D2 was only open a couple of days when you found these pieces, it might be interesting to see what discoveries or perhaps camp sites might have been found this past 2 months !

Hey Hal, I'm actually doing a full day backhoe screendig on Sat. at D2. Maybe I'm due up for a grand slam point since I struck out last week. Im looking forward to it.

He Pat,
I sure will. I wrote that article and sent it along with some pics to Mr. Dunnaway. I was thinking he was going to send it to you but not sure.

Good luck Trav