Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Texas tang

Found near white bluff Burnet county Tx!

Photobucket

Re: Texas tang

For those of you who don't know.This is a site in Burnet county Tx where native americans lived long ago in abundance.

href="http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm130/Rantex/?action=view¤t=whitebluff.jpg" target="_blank">

May 23rd, 2008 - 11:00 PM

Great find I am still looking one maybe in my path someday. Lucky You!!

Leonard

Photobucket

Really ? So you think it's not anything ? Intresting!

Well now, what you have is a nicely knapped intriguingly unusual exotic. The unknown uses of such pieces add multiple pages to our manuscript of ignorance and temper our enthusiasm for Early American Artifacts.
Count yourself as fortunate......................exotics are generally a one per customer experience.

I knew it was a strange brew.But the connection I made was the tang like apperance it has.It does have obvious strange feathering's on it,with two nicely rounded edges.And of course the wierdly notched base,which seems to be more on the side than the bottom!

whatever it is, it is a great find.

How were you able to get up there....I grew up in silver creek and morgan creek area; that is all wolf creek ranch now! big time developement. At the base of that cliff is a hole about 1 1/2 foot in dia. Ive been inside of once but all I had was a lighter so couldn't see much. It appears to be a large room. I would like to tag along with you some time if you can go back. Anyway nice find.

Yep I know Nate,I built the house for the man that owned all that before it became Wolf creek..The key word is near there.

I see Well that isn't any good my bother and I would climb all over that rock....Oh well cant blame me for tryn thanks for the responce I know of some good area to go around the lake I if you are interested let me know.

It's pretty neat on top of that big monster! I went up there before it was sold a few times...don't get me wrong there's places at the base and several caves..But you better have you're runnin shoes on brother!We climbed it and Nhead which is close to where I live now on Lake B...Hey I'm ready to go anytime.You don't play Hold'em with those yayhoos out in silver creek do you ? Let me know how I can contact you..next time I go you're more than welcome.I know what its like to want to go and be told NO NO NO!

my cell is 512-755-6329, no I don't get out there as much as I should. My grandparents and aunt and uncle still live there..... Anyway ya I think that all ust Mr. greens property until he sold it to wolf creek developement. Give me a call we'll drink a few beers and dig a few holes maybe find some pretties.lol take care Nate

Free Forum powered by Bravenet