Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Not Texas points

I know this ain't Texas points but I think ya'll might find it interesting. This is the stuff that we've neen digging up over here in Kirkuk Iraq. I wish we could keep the pottery but we have to turn it over to the Air Force when we find it. There's a lot of it here in this area. I haven't found a single point over here,Just pottery and some stone tools.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: Not Texas points

Nice examples of a very early age. I'd be tempted to try to mail some out. lol

Wow! Very impressive. I wish you could keep them. Thanks for showing those pics to us and whether you are in the forces or not, thanks for what you are doing oversees!

Hi Todd, those are tempting pics of the pottery, like in the million dollar range at Sothbys.

Here's an idea that might let you have a rememberance that means something personally. IF the pottery police will let you keep something unbelieveably smashed...Glue it back together.

I was working in Iran once and drove just over the Afgan border to an ancient tepe...Right close to where I parked the vehicle I spotted a "spread" of similar colored pieces, I bagged them. Much later I epoxied them together, NOT being carefull how the joints met. Its half a water pot and looks great on a heavy Burlap covered board.

Barring that, stop by the duty free gift shop on the way out and buy a COMPLETE Hong Kong replica wine vessel !

Hey, Todd...nice pics of the pottery... Let me say for all of us here in the states, Thankyou for your service and we hope and pray for your safe return...Godspeed

I have been tempted to try sending some stuff home but it's getting harder. I sent a lot of Saddam's and Ouday's stuff home back in 2003 when they didn't check the packages so close.I might have some broken pieces.
I've been collecting some bowl shards over here made of granite or something close to it and I almost have it all.I'd like to see that one you have, SH.
Thanks for the support but I'm not in the military. I work for the military and I'll pass it on the the men that go outside the wire.I've been here almost 5 years now and might have to stay 5 more if the economy doesn't get any better.
Thanks again

HALS find from Iraq

TODD and
FRIENDS

This is the
piece that HAL wanted me to post for him

Now that looks really awesome. Hal must have an artistic bone in his body. Where can I get some of that burlap? You don't see it much any more. I would like to do that to some of the stuff I have from there.

Yo Todd, Many thanks to Michelle for getting this pic on so fast...Bless her little black heart !

So you see what I mean that I didn't try to hide or diminish any of the glued cracks. For scale, the burlap board is 12 1/2 inches X 9 1/2.

That burlap came from a place like CLOTH WORLD. Your PX probably wont stock something like that....What about cutting a square out of the back seat of one of those armored Hummers?

So if you find the authorities will let you keep junk like my water jug, then you might be interested in another of my prized re-assembled antiques, your in a perfect place for it...............

After picking up some hand grenade shrapnel from the airport terminal in Uganda [ the Israelies put it there in the raid on Entebbe ] I encased them in a clear plastic block that sits on a shelf, next to last years christmas card that reads "peace on earth, goodwill to men"

Todd...even if you aren't serving the military.. you are doing a service that few will even consider. My family and I thank you and wish you well on your daily endeavors.

Well there is a deeper mystery to the shallow type Hal guy, eh?

I have figured you out to some extent from various posts on the board (and I know I can get you into any post if I present an equation...either solved or un-solved), but I didn't realize you had traveled abroad in such a manner. You are truely fully educated in a manner that no one else can comprehend if you have been to Iraq. I dig the metaphor implied by your mantle decorations.

We'll have to get together sometime and drag Michelle out and dig for a weekend or somethin and discuss mysteries of the universe.