Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FRL finds. (for Leonard on request)

Posted on TC as well. Here is what I hauled in for a weekend.. (at least the pieces worth looking at)

First the heartbreaker shot...
Photobucket

Re: FRL finds. (for Leonard on request)

Next the better points of the weekend and some other cool stuff. Couple pottery shards from the birdpoint layer... a nifty graver (nothced in an odd place)....a broken tool made of pig iron (birdpoint layer)...and a strange little flat hunk of limestone with all the edges worked to a point then a design around it..almost a serration. Oh..and a couple killers!

Photobucket

Whoops..gotta mention the true tomahawk and the nice couple scrapers..I like all the tools so I keep everything.

Close-up of the 3 best weekend finds...the agnostura is ground bout a 1/3rd of the way up from the base with excellent beveling and some parallel flaking with a needle tip..bout 2 and 1/2 inches long. The marshall is paper thin and just nicked on one ear and the very needle tip..still a great piece in my frame. The graver/perforator piece is definately interesting. I was wondering what it was first intended to be BEFORE it became what it is ? Any ideas or input is appreciated. Enjoy.

Photobucket

Nice finds Brad! Was that 2 days or one day? Also, take a look at that first photo you submitted. The heartbreaker at the top left. There's a little triangle tip above the frio. If you flip that triangle point does it fit with that heartbreaker. Just looks like the same flint types, color.

Pretty close fit, but not quite...it may have been the same point but the base was thrown in the fire and heated...the tip I found near alot of bone in the same area, so you never know.

I was there two days. First day I had to dig a bunch in the area I chose to dig to get to the occupation band..when I did I started finding stuff. The second day was kinda the same...pulled both the agnostura and the marshall sometime after 3:30 so I cut it close.

Good show Brad.

Re that nice graver / perforator, I dont think there was a before. Seems to me Thats the type of base that suited the original owner, along the lines of a paddle base or flake base. There must be a name for drills with that base, I,ve got a couple, I just called them "sardine can openers"

I'd heard of butterfly base before..maybe that pertains to this one.