Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
driveway find

I found this beauty today at work in Lampassas Tx.It was lying on the surface in the middle of a caliche driveway that's never used.The funny thing is I have walked through there dozens of times over the last few weeks,and more than likely stepped on it or nearby.I'm guessing it was from a hunt thousands of years ago as there's no sign of site's anywhere.Pretty wierd, but a neat way to beat the heat!

serrated point

Re: driveway find

That would make for a good day at work!

After alot of years of finding and collecting,honestly I'm not sure of the type.Anyone have any ideas? I'm not sure about the nod's...the reason I said I assumed this may be from a kill site,or an attempted kill site was because there is no flint to be found.Where this was found is a poor mans driveway with no dirt hauled in,but just a rocky area where there used to be a carport to park under.So I know it was'nt hauled in.I believe because it's within a halfmile of the river it was from a nearby campsite.

The site said to be the most prolific in all of North America was found due to mining sand that was used for construction and driveway projects. About two years ago I saw a story about a family that had a truckload of Wilson county sand delivered to their house, going through the load they found 4 points.

See the Bob McWilliams, TAAA site. Good story, lots of pics. For those not interested enough to follow through but are mildly curious where the best in N.
America might be, , , , It's just SE of San Antonio.