Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
seguin arrowheads campsite found

i heard from a guy at work that right down the road from us in seguin that the owners where going to sell there 1800s home and property but didnt get the offer they where after ..

the husband dug up some dirt in there field to spread in the yard and after a rain they were in there yard and started finding spear points and other artifacts so he went and scooped up more dirt and sifted through it and found alot more axe heads ,bi face, and numerous other points

if you want to read the article in the seguin newspaper google seguin arrowheads and read on its a awesome find and they have only just scratched the surface

hope you all enjoy reading it if you have not its real great reading!!!
Lee

Re: seguin arrowheads campsite found

That is a very good story. It also confirmes that not all habitation sites are identified by a "mound"

Even without finding wonderfull evidence of ancient Texas, that family history alone is noteable. For at least a while longer the property will be kept out of the hands of one of the most devastating plagues to hit central Texas in recent years, " venture capital group "

If you dig a little deeper and follow up on this story,intrestingly enough you can google the homeowner of the property, Floyd McKee, and find they were in the newspaper before they realized they were setting on an ancient campsite.Oddly enough the previous article is in regards to spirits in, and around the house.Mrs. McKee goes as far to say she could smell a burning odor,and or cooking smell. Ancient campfires perhaps?If that's not enough they also expeirenced ORB'S in several of the photographs they took.Nuff said?

Well now, Paleoindian camp , Site # 41 AU88 is here on the farm. Sometimes I smell smoke and something cooking. It usually occurs when we barbque.

Well heck,I guess certain things happen in life to convince,and or perhaps persuade us in our belief's in life.I'm not sure about your own, but mine have been pretty extreme.I have always been intrested in the unknown,and believe that anything is possible.Even being narrowminded!

i do beleave in the spirit world and have seen and heard things that i could not explain ..i never rule anything out if the bible talks of spirits then in convinced they exsist.

i just got a book today about the devils backbone between san marcos and blanco which talks about the history of the area and ghost and things it has me wanting to get permission to go down in that valley and see for myself.

im going to seguin tomorrow to see if i find anything in the creeks ..good luck to all u diggers out there hope u find that point you have been lookin for !!

Lee

Be sure and take a camera on the devil's backbone drive.It's beautiful country.Don't get to distracted though that road is infamous for accidents! Enjoy

that is my dad and my stepmom's property! I am so excited for them. All of the things that they are finding are going to be safe in museums. My dad is a former college history professor and is super into his search. He has such a respect for all things Native American, so I am glad that the right person found this discovery, and you well know someone who wasn't into this sortof thing would try to make a profit from it.
Dad enjoys nothing more than riding around on and digging things up with his backhoe, so this is perfect.

Oh yeah, and there are totally ghosts in that house. We even have some photos of weird orbs and things outside the upstairs (former maid's) bedroom. I spent a couple of totally sleepless nights there. Even my little dog was awake and growling at things I couldn't see. Spooky for sure, but cool. They have researched the history of the house and it is great reading. I wish we could have one of those paranormal groups do a sleepover at the house.

They have worked really hard to restore the home to its former glory. I am proud of them and it is beautifulthese days. It is a real asset to Seguin.

M, very good of you to bring us that personal update. . . "a HISTORY PROF" in charge of an ancient place of great interest, how fitting ! ! ! Even far better than most "scientists" that would / do preserve found artifacts in sealed boxes in the vaults, properly inventoried naturally to add to the end of year institutions' cash value

Do you get in on any of the finding activities or are you just an inocent onlooker

I HAVE FAMILY IN SEGUIN THE WEYEL'S A.K.A WEYEL BUICK LOL.

SEGUIN HAS QUITE A BIT OF HISTORY AS DOES MOST OF TEXAS

TRUE WOMEN WAS A GREAT STORY AND A TRUE ONE

I have not done any diggin myself, but they give me frequent updates of all the things they find.

There must have been some good livin in the greater Seguin metro area in days of old
As the arrow flies, it looks to be only about 20 miles from the Cibalo creek dig site.

The Cibalo site has been screen dug by Bob McWilliams who has a big informative website to review. One of the comments I recall from that writeup was
"THIS SITE HAS PRODUCED THE LARGEST VARIETY OF POINTS IN NORTH AMERICA "

Thats a big statement ! See Bob's finds at;
ARROWHEADS.COM . . .click ENTER . . . scroll down banners, left side, white colored, , ,
hard to read TAAA but big words BUY SELL DIG standout

Hopefully the new Seguin site will be just as prolific