Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
dig fest 08

is anyone planning digfest 08?

Re: dig fest 08

I've heard it is in the planning phase for Novemberish again.

The first DIGFEST date was established for the day after a really good flint show in De Leon TX. Being not far NW of Chrisners it was thought some diggers / visitors would combine the two events.
The De Leon show this year is 11 - 8 - 08 so it follows that DIGFEST is; ; ; ; ;

EVEVEN NINE OH EIGHT [ 11 - 9 - 08 ]

The powers at the top are ALWAYS hard at work planning and co-ordinating events and digs [ their own anyway ] Four and a half months could be enough lead time for most digger / attendees to organise their calender and tools.

Because some people's plans can change at the last minute a FINAL plea for "who is going" is usually issued about two weeks before the event to plan for how many buffalo to shoot for food.

It's an open invitation for anyone interested in flint / historic artifacts. Digging not required, surface hunters have done very well. I think one of the biggest plusess for new digger wannabes is to see the various tools and how they are wielded by the superstars [ supermen ? ] of the digging world.

I for one can't wait. Think maybe I am gonna sneak off from work today and do a little digging.

thanks sh
i'll plan for it,been dieing to dig sence randys last year

Talk about ENTHUSIASM. . . . .Heres 4 1/2 MONTHS before digfest and Caseyd is taking off from work to practice up on his digging techniques,,,,amazing !

However I also plan some practicing for the big event, I'm going to practice not eating every weekend til I can go about 5 days empty without passing out to take full advantage of the barbeque feast !

Roy....I didn't realise that Roy was YOU ! If you and the family are planning to attend digfest that gives us a well rounded balance of Ultra professionals.
Diggers we have plenty of but your "surfacing" expertise is a legend in the flint community.

Welcome

Any more info
Leonard

Newbie, Ric and FAMILY are about the 3rd family group
that are potential DIGFEST visitors!! [just recently]

I am predicting a turnout to make it a texas Woodstock.
[ For those that might not recognise the term "Woodstock", It was a prehistoric musical event
where a few musicians invited a couple of their
closest friends and neighbors over to a FARM and
THOUSANDS showed up ! ]

The more the merrier rings true.