Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TOO HOT FOR EVEN ONE WHOO-HOO !

Pecker's latest dig pics are on display [ front page upper right ] SECOND one since the ROT rally but not even a cold breakfast beer could elicit a singe " whoo-hoo " Heat effects different people differently !

My own few notes [ NO whoo-hoo ]

The third row of pics down is a "heartbraker" of the third catagory ! The group of pics on the left are my mornings finds just last week.
There's a beautiful root beer Uvalde, so after that shot, I went for a "sky shot". . . . .

First [ and last time ] ever, I dropped it. Hit a rock, broke into 3 pieces ! Searched for 1/2 hr, and never did find the base. See skypic on the right for the after garbage !

When you get down to that cheesycake sitting on a rock with a natural flint lens included, we were impressed with how grotesquely crude the basic material for a bird point and Perd could be.

It is said Michael Angelo could look at a block of marble and fully visualise the statue hiding inside.
Our native artisans MUST have had similar visions, only on a scale of HUNDREDS of pieces per lifetime.

Good summer advice is shown in this update, Keep your Pecker cool !

Re: TOO HOT FOR EVEN ONE WHOO-HOO !

Nice points,and pics that were posted SH,just out of curiousity do you use the pitchfork much,and is it usefull? I have tried alot of tools ,but not that one.

RY, Re that digging fork. I have fallen into a pattern of using it a lot. It started life with a 5 foot handle. Cut back to 16 inches makes it a two handed weapon. The metal is good quality tempered, the mildly similar $1.29 garden forks are a waste of money [ and dig effort ] !

"Good summer advice is shown in this update, Keep your Pecker cool ! "