Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
LAST UPDATE FOR JUNE OH GREAT

Dont worry about me, I'll be Ok after a few days !
Checkout Michelle's latest finds for the last day of June. I do try to recycle and the turpentine and motor oil bottles never gave me trouble like that peroxide container.....I was just following orders, "drink plenty"

Re: LAST UPDATE FOR JUNE OH GREAT

well...doctors do say, "Drink plenty of fluids". They just never specify.

No REALL !!!

It usually takes me DAYZ to get updates done.. Just as HAL .. !! hehe ..

When we got back today and looked over those pictures... Lets just say we both about wet ourselves! I just HAD to get those up there

FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!

You guys seem to have found a neat spot. I got onto a similar place this last weekend with big rocks but they are above the camp area instead of below it. Same type of cenario though..stuff fell between the rocks and we are now able to dig between/amongst them and retreive it.

Few pics of my dig this weekend..I called it: "Dia de los Heartbreaker".

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

bleh..sorry for the double pic post

Brad, "similar" finds and conditions is right!
Our initial finds were numerous Williams, like that big broken banded you have ALONG with NUMEROUS bases exactly like the one in the bottom right of your pic.
Very round, very thin and quality workmanship. It looked like a heavy Williams camp but now that the dig area has expanded the Montells are becoming the more dominent finds. The "white" sun touched ones are also a feature we have in common.

The very next time we are out there again, I am going to look UPHILL to see if I can spot YOUR dig holes.

It would be great if it turned out we are working the same site, that would make it more economical for Pizza delivery !

Haha! I would love to find out we were, sir...but my site is in Kerr county. I would gladly invite you and Michelle down for a test run after it rained once to verify site commonalities. Perhaps I could make a trip your way and do a litte reverse commonality verification... a process I like to pursue when examining campsite of ancient cultures.

Brad, I'll be keeping this sites find together for a while watching for that "commonality" That subject has always been of interest to me especially at sites that have Many varieties of peoples artifact signatures. Since they didnt get along very well, Did the Nolan people occupy all of TX, then on Jan 1st
move to Oklahoma and the Perd family move in Then in July they move onto New Mexico and the Montell family
"rents Texas" for the next 1000 yrs?

Your talking rain, are these all surface finds? If so, for a hillside slope thats great.

Brad, How's this uphill site going for you at this point in time? Nothing lasts forever, our downhill section has dwindled to just " digging in Indian country! "