Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Awesome Find by Leonard

Leonard found the coolest point today after we got a little rain up here in Palo Pinto Co. What in the world is it??? Is it ceremonial????

Photobucket
Photobucket

thinner than a quarter!
Photobucket

Re: Awesome Find by Leonard

Nice find Leonard. Is that the average size for a Toyah?

SO SMALL!!!!!

It missed all the little deer feet walking around all these years too!!!

Great Find!!!!!!!

That is a pretty little Toyah point. I have found several pretty nice ones in Palo Pinto County as well.

Hey y'all
Thanks for your compliments. This little baby is razor sharp.I am not even going to wash it off. I am afraid to drop it or something could damage it. Maybe I'll go out and bury it in my back yard to protect it. (just kidding)

Overstreets tenth edition show Huffakers on page 605 may be closer than a Toyah.

Later

it really is sharp. Leonard was shaving with it yesterday in his front yard. I don't know why........

IT'S A HUFFAKER

Not uncommon to find around Henrietta Focus camps. Less common than Harrel or Wa****a. Nothing ceremonial about it.

Hey Michael. What is a Henrietta Focus Camp?

Travis....as you can tell.......i don't look at the boards much in summer. Henrietta Focus comprises the late Wichita related campsites in north central Texas. Clay county would probably be the center of their occupational sphere. Their camp debis will generally consist of Wa****a ( 90%), Harrell (8%), and Huffacker (2%), as far as point types. There will be much bone debris, some pottery, and the occasional small elbow pipe or personal jewelry item lying around. They used mussell shell for spoons quite often (probably due to the use of pottery). Their campsites occur on the upper Brazos as far down as Lake Whitney, to across the Red River. From about the western edge of the Blackland Prairie to as far west as the Caprock. At least as far as I can tell. Hope this answered your question some. A probable eastern occupational offshoot of this culture would be the Wylie focus sites on the upper Trinity system, east of Dallas. They seemed to share most traits with the henrietta folks; however, the also contain some Caddo traits. Happy hunting.

Hey Michale, thanx for the info. That's pretty interesting stuff. I dig some around Henrietta, tx. when I go back home. Henrietta is just south of the red river east of wichita falls. what I'm finding there seems to be a henrietta focus camp. very interesting. thanks.