Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Shelter Finds

It was about 102 in Palo Pinto County today. But it seemed like it was about 20 degrees cooler down by the shelter we found today. Lots of back breaking shoveling by my friend Brad and some handy sifter work by Allen, and we managed to pull out an awesome Perdiz point after about 2 hours. A few hours later another point kept us in the hunt for a while longer. Lots of work.

I just never could quit thinking that those rattlesnakes might like the cooler area too. Probably have to hit this hard after it gets cool.

Pic. is a little fuzzy from my phone camera.

You didn't miss a whole lot Travis.

Photobucket

Re: Shelter Finds

Palo Pinto county sure was hot today. I will post what I pulled out of the ground as soon as I can figure out my camera and the transfer thru photo bucket. This one is about the size of a nickle.
Your new finds are great finds for messing around in the heat.
Have fun and keep digging

Nice work fellas!!!

Nice finds now that the hard, hot work is finished.

Was this the total days take or did your buddy have
something too?

My suggestion to DJ's cave work could apply to almost any dig area. Try a metal detector search in the shelter. You might not find a gold Aztec face mask
but a few Confederate soldiers might have dropped a
Ronson lighter or Colt hog leg !

That was all besides 2 broken manos. I don't know if this was just a pass through hunting site, or if there was some occupation.. The broken mano puzzles me a bit for just a hunting camp. Guess we'll have to do some more diggin'. We're probably just getting to the good stuff.

There is a series of rock bluffs on this ridge. Due to accessibility and rattlesnakes we'll wait til after it gets cooler. I'm sure there are more of these little shelters.