Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Daughter wants to dig

Hey ya'll! My 14 yr. old daughter has been asking me to take her somewhere to find some points. Looking around on the website I found Floyd's Cantell's Dig and Chrisner's Ranch that are both close to home and reasonably priced. Can anyone recommend one over the other? I could also use some pointers on what she might expect at the digs (bathrooms, terrain...) and what techniques might be productive (surface hunting, digging, sifting...) and any tools that might useful (garden trowels, whisk brooms, screwdrivers...). We're both greenhorns on this subject so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Daughter wants to dig

Howdy Ric, You are the prime target audience to participate in the annual DIGFEST held in November.
Thats a very long way away if your in the mood now!
I see some of our top people have already responded, I cant improve on their council.

You are certainly not the first to look for guidance between digfests. And it's all documented just as surely as Googling . . . . .

Scroll back down the point chatter topics people have created over the last YEAR.

Takes time but there are very specific, detailed,
answers to what tools are needed, where on a property to start and what was found where. Check the pics of
DIGFEST 07, front pg top right.

Pretty much like state park "primitive area" camping
sites, no porta-potties.

Ric, Just found a spot that GUARANTEES EVERYONE will
find something ! Seems to answer your specific original request,,,,"asking me to take her someplace
to find points"

LAMPASAS FLINT SHOW, this Saturday, August 9

An Austin guy named James W is threatening to have a
display there of his personal finds, a very fine collection all hand dug over the last 70 years.

Did ANYBODY go to the show ?

hey michelle, 2of my friends went and came back with a lot of nice pieces...while they were down in that area they went to wolf creek and found a lot of worked flint on the surface

I'll always think of the show being very memorable
as shows go, very interesting.

Not really supposed to, but I was able to manage
a couple of discreet pics that Michelle will post
sometime.

Here's one of my discreet pics of the Lampasas show,
[ actually about 10 miles south of the dealers tables ] Threw a rod, engine destroyed. Sill in
shop for new long block, presently driving a rented
Bobcat [ might as well hope to combine transportation
needs with an excavator ] Sort of a new spin on
commuting to "work"Photobucket

Re: love tha arrowheads

does anyone know of anywhere near brownwood to do some surface hunting or digging??